Saturday, July 18, 2009

Aaahhhh to be Sweet.....

By Marita Greenidge



People usually don’t think I’m a sweet person. I’ve never understood why.

My latest explanation as to why I’m lacking the sweetness component is because my career-minded nature and ambitiousness overpower any sweet qualities. So I thought to myself, what defines a sweet person? When do you describe someone as sweet?

Must I wear ribbons in my hair? Should I own a puppy? Maybe I should own a puppy that has ribbons in its hair! Hahahaha….

Then I thought about what makes me think someone is sweet. I think both Rebecca and Glenn are sweet people. What makes them fit the bill?

  • They have strong moral values
  • They care about the welfare of others a whole lot
  • They show how much they care by actually going out of their way to help others
  • There’s a smile on their face even when they’re not actually smiling
  • They motivate me to lead a good and decent life

I guess sweet can mean a lot of things for different people but my definition never seems to coincide with that of others. What does sweet mean to you?

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment